Peugeot Vox 110

Anything else ya ride!
wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: Peugeot Vox 110

Post by wightegi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:23 pm

My local dealer Dave Death was not open today :( so I will have to look later in the week. The oil will be changed by the dealer for the first 2 years for the waranty.

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:34 pm

I had a good poke around one today...Looked OK in a bright glitzy kind of way. Hayballs in Salisbury reckon that despite the claims the promotion will continue on past Christmas. I like the red one having looked at all of them. Not sure how robust the plastics are ...they seem sort of hard. One thing I have learned about he Chinese is that the first stuff they make is often better than subsequent batches. I'm going to try to get one before Christmas if I can sell the XR. If that doesn't sell for enough I'll have to sell the Cub as well...

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Oh, and they have strange ignition key arrangement. there's a metal plate on the sort of right hand knee shield fairing thing and the key appears to not only fit into a slot there, but also into another slot first, to reveal the key slot itself..Very er...strange...

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm

I think they use strange key holes as a security thing on a lot of there scoots.

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:14 pm

wightegi wrote:I think they use strange key holes as a security thing on a lot of there scoots.
Yes, that's what it looked like... Bit bloody stupid on a 95 kilo bike!

I'm quite keen I must say....Funny looking plastics mind...they've sort of built up the leg shields into a boxy affair. On the plus side the rather cheesy graphics are vinyl stick ons and are proud of the paint so 5 minures with the hairdryer early on and you'd have a much prettier bike...

Blackcountry Pete
Rides:: The clown bike, Burgman400,SH300,STD 50 Cubra

Post by Blackcountry Pete » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Ive taken all your comments on board and after finally getting round to MOTing the Barbie bike as its been on the need to do list for a while, so while im waiting i had an other good poke around it. Its got no under seat storage but does have a larger fuel tank instead at i think 4.5 litres and with its fully enclosed chain and a manual choke :D after much ooffing and aarring i told him if he passes the Cubra ile take it. So the up and down of it is the Cubra passes with 2 advisories :( and next Friday i will be the proud recipient of the Blackcountry's first VOX :D Some how i know im still going to be on the end of harmless ridicule but this is really nothing new to myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Blackcountry Pete wrote:Ive taken all your comments on board and after finally getting round to MOTing the Barbie bike as its been on the need to do list for a while, so while im waiting i had an other good poke around it. Its got no under seat storage but does have a larger fuel tank instead at i think 4.5 litres and with its fully enclosed chain and a manual choke :D after much ooffing and aarring i told him if he passes the Cubra ile take it. So the up and down of it is the Cubra passes with 2 advisories :( and next Friday i will be the proud recipient of the Blackcountry's first VOX :D Some how i know im still going to be on the end of harmless ridicule but this is really nothing new to myself :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well that's great!

I'm now torn between a 2010 Innova 125 injection for £1400 and the Vox...It does look like the Innova will take the biscuit at the moment though

Alespiller
Rides:: Honda C90, Moto Roma Go Go 110

Post by Alespiller » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:26 am

A lot of the little commuter bikes have moved away from the fully enclosed rear chain, I guess for aesthetic reasons but for me it is exactly that kind of small detail that can make all the difference to buy or not. The advantages of a fully enclosed chain are so great, less cleaning, less wear on the sprockets/chain, farther apart chain adjustments. Exactly the sort of things you want on a commuter. I think I want one of these Voxes.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Alespiller wrote:A lot of the little commuter bikes have moved away from the fully enclosed rear chain, I guess for aesthetic reasons but for me it is exactly that kind of small detail that can make all the difference to buy or not. The advantages of a fully enclosed chain are so great, less cleaning, less wear on the sprockets/chain, farther apart chain adjustments. Exactly the sort of things you want on a commuter. I think I want one of these Voxes.
Definitely... I like the Vox but I think a two year old Innova for the same money is a bit better. I like the fuel injection, the ceramic coated piston, the roller cam head and the 125-ness of the Honda. the Vox looks like a nice little bike though. I'd probably go for a red one and look to remove the vinyl go faster graphics from the machine ASAP because they are literally just that, stick-on graphics and the finish of the plastics is very good. There are a zillion Peugeot decals and badges available from the car world, both original and aftermarket...the later Pug 306 for instance had a nice pressed metal insert that went into it's rear hatch latch for a couple of quid that would look tasteful ...And here are some of the ebay go-faster offerings that might look OK on a Vox

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-wheel ... 2ec4035f68

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8x-Peugeot-Ca ... 4abdb28cff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-car-s ... 1c27bd505c

Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Post by Boo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:15 pm

guildbass wrote:the Vox
If you did get one.. would it mean a change of C90Club username to match? :D