babyzed
Rides:: z250

Re: Peugeot Vox 110

Post by babyzed » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:46 pm

oh dear :D classic V modern could be a right large can of worms to be opened

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:55 pm

babyzed wrote:oh dear :D classic V modern could be a right large can of worms to be opened
I think most of us would recognise that fuel injection, a decent front disc brake, a powerful headlamp, suspension tuned for road use and high geared high torque engines designed to run happily at maximum speed are more closely matched to today's European traffic, Just as the original vision of Soichiro Honda is a remarkable and enduring classic which was perfectly tailored to its role when it came out, and remains usable to this day.

The Innova is a better motorcycle but the old Cub is a cooler ride!

Bill/Rubery
Rides:: Peugeot Vox 110 cc

Post by Bill/Rubery » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:05 am

Well 'Babyzed' ...Feedback! I have owned Honda cubs in all forms going back to a old second hand 1962? Honda 50 with a register plate of...163 LOX. I also owned a carbed Innova which was a very nice motorcycle. My Vox run's like a sewing machine and has a wonderful petrol consumption. Its a great copy of a Innova and I think it was/is a good purchase. In fact today I was out on it riding the back lanes of Worcestershire...great fun. Servicing is easy and is almost a copy of what I did on my Innova. I am not going to get into a debate with Guildbass of what makes a good bike as more electronic gizmo's mean more complications. I admit to riding at a steady 32 mph but speed is not everything....if other people want to belt along that's their problem! Most of my motorcycles have been red in colour and the bike looks very nice as a result. In all a good purchase....

stevew
Rides:: MaxSym 400i (2013) Wave110i (2014)

Post by stevew » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:32 am

babyzed wrote:hmmmm, nice site to look at stevew, surprised at how cheap fairing parts are :D well all parts really, not so sure on the self build option..... cheap but at first glance no warranty due to self build (i could be wrong and misunderstood it)

Still a full pizza delivery bike option with top box and rack is still cheaper than just a Touratech luggage set :lol:

Are the Vox and Loncin from the same factory ? just rebranded for export.
Think from memory (when i collected mine) he gives a 1 year warrentee. Sold it on 'cos i preferred the C90 and if i want to go faster i have a CB500 !

Dunno about being from the same factory 'cos there are loads of Chinese companies making this type of bike and they are all so similar it's impossible to tell without looking at the VIN plate. Loncin has a small claim to fame as they made the BMW 650 single engine for a while. Don't think they do any more, though.

Waz on here runs a Loncin and loves it ;)
Was out with us on Sunday on the Small bike ride in Kent and it went well as it always does.
There it is lurking near the front on the extreme right of the picture (unfortunately the picture was auto-cropped and it's missing a bit from the right edge) in it's resplendent blueness !!

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:03 pm

No, as far as I know they aren't from the same factory or even the same parent/umbrella company.

The Vox is made by Qingqi. Qingqi are normally rebranded and sold as Sinnis in the UK.

Loncin is a separate company in its own right.

Here's Waz's Loncin from Sunday's ride.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:09 am

Qingqi make bikes and scoots for Peugeot like the vox and vclic so have been doing it for a while .

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:25 am

wightegi wrote:Qingqi make bikes and scoots for Peugeot like the vox and vclic so have been doing it for a while .
Yup, the Peugeot Sum-Up was also a Qingqi, and sold for £300 less than the Peugeot as the Sinnis Matrix II. :)

babyzed
Rides:: z250

Post by babyzed » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:29 pm

ahh theres a Sinnis dealer/CBT center nearby, did notice online something close to a wave/vox, next free weekend i might nip over see if they have a Sinnis version there....or an old cub ;)

Started to notice more whats floating around, saw a blue/white cub on L-plates zipping about today and few days ago saw a bronze colour Innova riding through town, haven't seen anything parked up yet.

Do Sinnis fall into the crap chinese section or is it more might not fall apart and make it 3 years to it's first MOT test chinese quality ?

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:40 pm

babyzed wrote:ahh theres a Sinnis dealer/CBT center nearby, did notice online something close to a wave/vox, next free weekend i might nip over see if they have a Sinnis version there....or an old cub ;)

There isn't a Sinnis version of the Peugeot Vox. Sinnis are quite choosy about what bikes they brand with their name. For some reason they've chosen not to sell a Cub-derived bike themselves.
babyzed wrote: Do Sinnis fall into the crap chinese section or is it more might not fall apart and make it 3 years to it's first MOT test chinese quality ?
Not that it's relevant now given the facts above but no, they don't fall into that section. One of the better products from PRC.

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:50 pm

I think the basic problem is that the majority of markets these bikes are destined for don't have the hideous weather and punishing road use we enjoy. Also, in almost every other market...The sort of places where these bikes are essential transport, they are ridden MUCH slower...Which is why they do last. In North Africa, I saw dozens of 30 and 40 year old two stroke mopeds, many looking as fresh as the day they were made, and literally HUNDREDS of merely good condition machines, and all running beautifully....And I didn't see one going more than 30 mph. I was probably the fastest bike there, two-up on my rented 50cc twist and go.

In other words, these Chinese bikes WILL last in their primary markets. They are ridden gently, (albeit often well loaded) and the weather tends to be kinder to them too.

Over here, it's going to be a lottery. Using 30 year old engine designs originally intended to be used at 15 to 25 mph at our 40-50 mph road speeds all housed in lightly painted and marginally plated cycle-parts will require some effort.

Personally, I'd go with Peugeot's Vox service and maintenance schedule on any Chinese Wave clone. They've clearly spent time, money and resources to figure out the most cost effective way to keep one of those bikes healthy within their warranty terms. Compare the recommended oils, oil change periods and so between a typical Chinese bike manufacturer, expecting typical use, and Peugeots recommendations for a typical Chinese bike!