Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Re: new member

Post by Boo » Fri May 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Excellent conversion. Nicely done. 8-) Like CruncherKid, I'd always wondered how easy or otherwise it would be. Before the Chinese engines were around it seemed very appealing for the 4 speed 'box.

PS..
It starts without battery, hondas dont
Most Hondas do run without a battery.. ;) Only the 6v C90, and the C102 (early '60s leccy start pushrod 50) used battery ignition, the rest run on high voltage AC straight from the generator.

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Boo wrote:Excellent conversion. Nicely done. 8-)
Yes, very good work. Can't be many like that around!

gipa
Rides:: c9o, zzr 600

Post by gipa » Sat May 12, 2012 7:48 am

Hi guys, thanks for the great comments, my son will be buzzing around the northumberland roads in a few weeks time.
Thanks boo for the info, the two 6v models i have owned were early models hence needing battery to run. Thanks again gipa

ADY
Rides:: Honda Cub90 lots of 'em & kawasaki GT550

Post by ADY » Sat May 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Just found this from Boo's link posted on Cubchat message board.

Yamonda! Now that I do like, very neat conversion does not look at all out of place.

Good luck with the MOT, I look forward to hearing how it goes on the road.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sat May 12, 2012 7:15 pm

gipa wrote:Hi thanks for the interest in the yamonda lol, my sons words. I got it from a wok mate, it had been stood behind his garden shed for 6 years and was in a bit of a mess, but the frame was mint, no rot at all. We got it home cleaned card put fresh petrol in checked for spark and it started second kick, i was amazed. We then completley stripped it down. The conversion looks easy. There is a small bit of welding to frame to get engine mounting holes lined up and a brass spacer on swing arm, must be slightly wider than honda. They are both 6 volt systems so electrics are not bad to sort out. It starts without battery, hondas dont.My son wanted it painted matt black and silver and to be honest it looks ok. We fitted some new parts, seat, leg shield etc and its now ready for mot. Will post some better pics tonight
C50 C70 & 12volt C90 DO start without a battery !