Parts sourcing

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Davros21f
Rides:: Hondac90 1969

Parts sourcing

Post by Davros21f » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:00 am

hi everyone, I recently sourced and purchased a great 1969 c90 which has sat here in Brisbane Australia for a number of years. I’ve managed to get it running roughly but need a correct throttle cable ( wrong one currently fitted) kehlin carb seems to be in ok condition but needle is rough ect. ,so either a Chinese copy if I have to or a complete rebuild kit which hopefully would include the spring and everything else , this along with the right cable I hope would suffice have looked online and can’t find anything for my year model. I’m sure I’ll need other things as I go along however this would get me up and running for now. Any info and links would be much appreciated and look forward to learning from you all. Many thanks in advance. Dave W

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: Parts sourcing

Post by wightegi » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:00 am

From 67 to 77 the C90 was pretty much the same so parts from those years would fit. The part number for the needle and clip is 16012178003 you may be able to get this from a local Honda bike shop along with the throttle cable (do not buy a pattern one).

Davros21f
Rides:: Hondac90 1969

Re: Parts sourcing

Post by Davros21f » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:03 am

Many thanks for your help
No luck on vintage parts at my local Honda dealer as I expected
I have ordered the complete carburetor rebuild kit from wemoto but still have a couple of questions
The washer which apparently sits above the throttle return spring is missing in my carb, do you know if this comes in the kit or do I need to find one elsewhere, is it nylon or steel, I thought maybe the spring should fit inside it to keep it in place? Also the needle circlip and w shaped clip , which goes where ? Above or below the slide , sorry if sounds silly but mine was all messed with upon purchase
Thanks again, here’s hoping 😊