Hey! New member looking for my first cub

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Ron Bones
Rides:: Triumph Adventurer 900

Hey! New member looking for my first cub

Post by Ron Bones » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Hey everyone, just joined as I’ve been looking for a cub for a while and thought maybe this would be a better place to come. I’ve had all sorts of bikes, big and small, but always had the most fun on the littleuns.

I’ve wanted a cub for years and just never bitten the bullet but a mate bought a a lovely little 80’s Honda cb100 a month or so ago, I took one ride and it reminded me how much I want a little old Honda.

Currently got my dads old triumph adventurer in the garage that I’m working on but it’s not my cup of tea.

And I have a few old bmw’s (cars) a ‘76 2002, a ‘76 e21 320 and my pride and joy ‘56 2000.

I’m also looking abroad for a bmw r24. My dream bike,
Asides from a 70’s cub of course. That’s what I’m
After. If anyone has one for sale, let me know!

nigelrb
Rides:: Many!

Re: Hey! New member looking for my first cub

Post by nigelrb » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi Ron, and welcome from another new member.

Nothing wrong with doing the eBay and Auto Trader rounds. I picked up a nice '86 model recently that I aim to bring to a better life over winter.

Granted, buying through a forum will assure you (generally) of an excellent bike because nothing is better than buying a gem from a person with like interests. It has worked for me in the past - though not through this forum. Best wishes in your search!! :D

Ron Bones

Post by Ron Bones » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Hey! Exactly what I was thinking. I’ve seen a few nice ones on eBay lately but being a complete newbie to cubs I thought it would be nice to buy from someone in the know!
Good to hear you’re saving one! I’d ideally like an early model in unrestored condition to get mechanically sorted but not to repaint. I like survivors where possible. I love to see the history of bikes and cars, warts and all.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Stick your location in your details, always helps and something may pop up near by.

PhilB
Rides:: C70zz, C90zz, S65, Tiger 955i

Post by PhilB » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:16 pm

Welcome!
Hope you find yourself a nice little bike.
I wouldn't rush into anything as one will always come up for the right price! (compared to the current market)

Ron Bones

Post by Ron Bones » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:26 pm

wightegi wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:38 pm
Stick your location in your details, always helps and something may pop up near by.
Thanks you! Have done just now! I’m in Derby so nowhere is too bad to get to luckily. I know there’s a bit of a club round here somewhere because I’ve seen them all out before now. Any ideas if they have a name?!

Ron Bones

Post by Ron Bones » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:27 pm

PhilB wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:16 pm
Welcome!
Hope you find yourself a nice little bike.
I wouldn't rush into anything as one will always come up for the right price! (compared to the current market)
Thank you. I have noticed how much the price keeps going up and up! That’s why I’d like to grab one now! I’ve been putting it off for too long and I know when I find the right one, I’ll have it forever. That’s what I tend to do.

nigelrb
Rides:: Many!

Post by nigelrb » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:55 am

Ron Bones wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:27 pm
. . . and I know when I find the right one, I’ll have it forever . . .
Ah, yes. that's what I thought when I got married :lol: :lol: !

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:03 am

Over the years we have had a lot of rides around Matlock and the peaks starting at the aquarium in Matlock Bath.We have a meet there this month check it out down the page a bit.

Ron Bones

Post by Ron Bones » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Oh that’s awesome! I’m no stranger to rides out from Matlock! I’ll take a look and if I’m free I’ll come say hello for sure! Thank you for the heads up!