Newbie looking for answers....and parts

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
mbo
Rides:: gpz 500 and hopefully c90zz

Newbie looking for answers....and parts

Post by mbo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi there, I bought mysef a C90zz a while back and looking to restore it. I've spent more than I would hve liked on a complete bead blast and powder coat. All bits are looking better than new, and now starting to put together. First question is the leg shield. Will any fit if I'm not bothered about the air filter? I still am not sure exactly where I'm going with this project as I was going to keep it completely original but sourcing parts is getting hard. Also the exhaust. What is the best one to go for? Is there a stainless one that fits without too much problem. Last of all àre the wheels. I quite like the look of the black rims. How is this achieved, how much does it typically cost and what about the longevity of the finish.
Thanking you in anticipation of help!
Matt

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Crappatalk

mark1982
Rides:: 1977 c90Z2 , cb 100. yam t80. yam rs100. cub wannabe red 1976 C90 Z2

Re: Newbie looking for answers....and parts

Post by mark1982 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:36 pm

6V 90 leg shields will only fit 6v 90 the 6v 50\70 are to narrow and haven't got the hole for the points to fit i tried my mates c70 leg shields on my bike. And only the 6v 90 Exhulst will fit all other 6v and 12v are wrong shape be careful buying of ebay many list them wrong m-tech does a pipe that fits your bike and you can either fit the box that comes with it or pit bike back box or something else you can get to fit think its a 32 mm pipe so fatter then standard. wheels its another problem the front wheel bolt is 12mm and all others are 10 the rear wheel is same size but you have to match break plates etc to wheel and get correct spacers i know some people just paint there's for easy option but will take quite bit preping to get it stick to chrome

mbo
Rides:: gpz 500 and hopefully c90zz

Re: Newbie looking for answers....and parts

Post by mbo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:50 pm

Thanks for your help. I'll go ask in the wanted section!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Crappatalk