New C90 owner with a streetcub in mind

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
1nine8three
Rides:: Honda C90

New C90 owner with a streetcub in mind

Post by 1nine8three » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:51 am

Hi all.

Just purchased my first C90. It's a 2001 reg with that horrible square headlight that I'm planning on chopping down into a streetcub. Although, with my mechanical know-how being pretty poor (I'm a desk job guy) I've made little progress in the 2 weeks I've had it. So far, all I've got around to doing it taking the rear mudguard off and fitting some new rear lights (as the last one got broken in transit).

Here's some pics of how it's going so far (sorry that they're Instagram photos but I don't have a photo sharing account)

How it arrived to me ... 12,000 miles on the clock which I was pretty happy about.

Took the leg-guards off to give the engine a look over with a mechanic friend of mine.

Taking off the mudguard and changing up the light ... all the wiring was such a mess I ended up having to strip it down and solder it back together - luckily, soldering is something I was particularly good at back in my school days.

How it's currently looking.

Ideally, I'd like to replace the air filter to a little cone filter so that I can mount the speedo in the guard where the air filter currently sits, then I can strip down the handlebars to a pair of mountain bike bars, get little bar-end indicators and then spray the whole thing flat black. A fair amount of work but it's fun to work on and I've needed a hobby project for a while.

And now to the begging part - Does anyone know where I might be able to get a nice circular front headlight to sit on the front forks and a mounting bracket for new bars?
(London location would be ideal)

Cheers,

1nine8three

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: New C90 owner with a streetcub in mind

Post by wightegi » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 am

Hi and welcome to the club. A cone filter will cause you lots off problems with the running so expect lots of time to set it up. Round head light some from other hondas like the cg 125 but you wil have to make some brackets for it. To mount other bars you will need to make a plate to accept clamps and use bike bars as they are the right size ,all these things have been done before so use the search button all the info is there some where.If you put your location in your info it helps people to find you ,some one may have the bits you need round the corner ;)

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Post by Leiba » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:12 pm

What's the finger for? :shock:

1nine8three
Rides:: Honda C90

Post by 1nine8three » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 pm

HAHA that would be my mechanic friend who doesn't like working on motorbikes :lol:

He drives a 1963 Dodge 100 pickup truck which I used to transport the C90 from the garage to my house.

He gives me the finger quite a lot it seems from looking back at the pictures!