Honda 50: How to

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
honda fifty

Re: Honda 50: How to

Post by honda fifty » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:46 pm

This is how the bike looks like after removing the Gas Tank and the plastic cover placed over and holding Ignition switch. Looking at the back wheel from topside down, the back shocks securing back wheel looks like this ------>> \||/ <<------ i mean, like a V, meaning, I feel it won't be too difficult to put some wide and heavy tires and wheels in place of this tiny and narrow tire and rim. But the back end fender, beneath the part where we put a back tail light and back License plate ,that seems like it is bent a little unusually more than it should it. The circle of the tire is more wider than the circle of the fender. The back end is closer to the tire, the center of the fender is so high that there is a gap we can see the wall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:06 pm

You need to get all that filler and paint off the rear part of the frame - I have a feeling your going to find a lot of corrosion that will need attention.

honda fifty

Post by honda fifty » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:17 pm

I need suggestions or guidance here, i got the right nut loosen up, unscrewed but i can't get the nut on the left side loosen up. Every time i tried to unscrew, the whole strut bar or the rod joining the engine with the body frame above engine, which goes across, is slipping when i twist it trying to unscrew the left side nut. Now how do i remove it ? should i hit the right side hard enough so that the rod slips out ? or ........ is there something else i need to loose up first ?? can someone guide me how we can remove the engine from the type of honda 50 cub i have ??

onittino3
Rides:: Honda C90, Honda Cb500x

Post by onittino3 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

If your talking about the top engine mount bolt then yes, you only need to undo one side then the bolt can simply be knocked through to the other side, normally if you take the weight of the engine you can pull it out by hand.

Terry

honda fifty

Post by honda fifty » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:46 am

Thank you :) i will try doing as you said. Can you also tell me by looking at the pictures, how much the Engine may Weigh in pounds or in Kilograms ?? Another question, should I place something under the Engine ?? something which can lift up the Engine and don't let it fall down when I remove the mounting bolt ?? I don't know how much it weighs but I feel its heavier what normally i can lift or hold.

honda fifty

Post by honda fifty » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:23 pm

After all disassembling and unscrewing of this and that. This is how my Honda 50 looks like. Engine is or was covered in thick amount of grease and mud. Exhaust pipe was stuck, where it joins with engine through 2 small bolts so decided to disassemble the back wheel first, than the side arms holding the back wheel and rear shock absorbers, than the foot kick, than the rear break part. The engine fell down when I tried to shake the rear wheel so it come out of the rear sprocket and rear brake thing inside the rear wheel.
One piece of metal is still attached with the exhaust pipe due to jammed up screw. Its not jammed but slipping from the back end so the front end is not unscrewing as it should be. Using WD-40, hope it will come out somehow.
The long strut bar, on top of the rear fender, which is used to hold rear shock absorbers in place, that also jammed. The rear fender shape needs some correction. From the lower back, beneath the tail light, its bent inside more than it should. The center top of the rear fender seems like has lots of small welded sheet metals, like to patch up the holes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

honda fifty

Post by honda fifty » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:12 pm

I can't explain how #$%# difficult it is for me to make THE modification I want to make in my Honda 50 cub. So far, I'm stuck in a situation where, I have managed to unbolt and unscrew almost everything. Left engine un-open as it is where it is condition. First priority is now to get the tires and wheels modification done which after spending 4 weeks running around to one mechanic after another and them telling me NO SIR NO WAY THE modification YOU are trying to do or make that CAN NOT be made. Why ? Because nobody has ever done it before and there are no readily available ready made parts and it's just ridiculous to even think about it can be done or it can work out.
At first, when I bought the Honda 50 cub Red & White, my thinking was to just make it look and run better than before, like a new motorcycle. One kick start plus Electric Start, new colour scheme, maybe new Rims normal style, maybe side mirrors and a new seat. While searching the internet for ideas, saw something very unusual and since than my mind is stuck to somehow achieve the same or similar thing in my Honda 50 cub.
That unusual Modification is " A Car's Tire and a Car's Rim in a Honda 50 cub " installed with or in normal honda 50's front fork and the rear fork or whatever it is called. That modification I'm sure not this much unusual to the western world or where motorcycles modification is common but here in Pakistan it is a " Mission Impossible ".
So this is the current situation of my Honda 50 cub. Looking at the situation, I'm thinking to get me a few more Power Tools, either new or used and this will also take a lot of time to find markets or shops where I can get what Power Tools I want. Power Tools like a Orbital Sander and Polisher, a Drill Machine, a variable speed Grinder medium or small size and....... maybe a few other things.
The recent mechanic whom I mistakenly thought is willing do make modifications (some welding work) to make a car's Rim so that it can be fit in motorcycle, is just interested in me giving him and his fellow mechanics what kind of modification is in my mind with detailed pictures so they can understand what type of modification is that and how it is done.
Today is 30th October 2016, I thought I'll be done modifying my Honda 50 in less than 3 months but looking at the situation where every attempt to do modification is put to a full stop by local mechanics it wont be possible to finish bike in next 1 or 2 months.
In the last, any of you reading this and has some knowing of how I can install a car tire in my Honda 50, kindly respond and leave your comments. I'll appreciate if I get some work around with what I'm trying to achieve. Kindly suggest me something which I can do solo without expecting any local mechanic help or helping hand.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Car tyres are designed to be flat on the road all the time . bike tyres are meant to lean so the side walls are stronger . Car tyres work on a sidecar .Fatter bike tyres would be ok .

Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Post by Bogger » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Fit a car tyre I say.

Bogger :| :roll:

honda fifty

Post by honda fifty » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:55 am

I am trying to figure out what modifications has been done to the centre part of the rims of this bike so i can make similar modifications to my bike and have a car tire install in my honda 50. This is really cool. What i have read so far about car tires on a bike and what I see during my daily trips to work and back home or throughout city, I feel strong disliking of how motorcyles in general looks like specially their tiny tires and rusted, muddy, ugly looking body and frames. So yes, an old style honda 50, with big enough car tires like these will be really cool. The ride height will be more because of many jumps and speed brakers and uneven road condition but overall look will be more or less similar to this bike in picture. So far what i can understand is the person whose bike this is, somehow manage to have install drum brakes, the original honda 50's drum brakes, fit in the centre of the rim. Is that a car rim ? or a heavy bike rim ? and how did he manage to have drum brakes on that rims ? did he welded ? or was this rim was already made this way to have drum brakes ? or is this some heavy bike's rim with drum brakes ?