Elefantentreffen 2010

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Re: Elefantentreffen 2010

Post by Newtsalad » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:34 pm

awolsidestar wrote:well done mate,loving the update and all the bizz that goes with it.
and remember "give a little and you will be amazed at what you get in return"
Awol! You have a PM! Right glad you found us, and it's great to hear from you! It might be a c90 site, but there's some great lads on here with a wide array of bikes, so feel free to post up your exploits and adventures, I know they'll go down well, and I know I'd like to hear from you!
All the best!

awolsidestar
Rides:: c90, africa twin sidecar

Post by awolsidestar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:02 pm

no worrys bezza.
i hope to keep an eye on it and on my return i wil go to some events as i am always up for a giggle and see if i cant help organise a few aswell. i'v done a recky run,maybe we could do a c90 paris dakar.its cheap as chips and nearly safe. get a few victims rounded up and see what happens.
maybe even a c90 sidecar rally chanpionship.just a thought!
whatever happens i am sure i can turn many of my uselass skills towards the greater good of man kind and self presivation
survival tip number 1/ when using a sharp knife always cut towards yer mate

longlegs
Rides:: out with a sidecar on

Post by longlegs » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:00 pm

awolsidestar wrote:
would that be me then !!! :D , was good to meet up with you bob at the elefantentreffen , we could do a rendition of old mcdonald when we meet again !!!
you can provide the whiskey next time :shock:

we have loads of pictures to post on the site if you wish ?

take it easy 8-)

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:51 pm

longlegs wrote:
We you mean this sight? cus we love pictures :D Welcome to the board longlegs.

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:33 pm

longlegs wrote:
awolsidestar wrote:
would that be me then !!! :D , was good to meet up with you bob at the elefantentreffen , we could do a rendition of old mcdonald when we meet again !!!
you can provide the whiskey next time :shock:

take it easy 8-)
Yo W! Glad you found us, as did M! Take it you got back ok then? You weren't tempted to follow awolsidestar in the end?
I shouldn't think there's many can take the pace, that you two set!
I got back very early Tuesday morning, bit of a grueller, but I was looking forward to my own bed!
I haven't got around to sorting my pics and vids of the event yet, those I've seen were a bit disapointing, it's hard to capture the atmosphere isn't it?
If ya have any pics please post them up, I and plenty of people passing through here would like to see them!
There's a few of us meeting up at Matlock on the Easter weekend, if you feel like dropping by for some mayhem, please do!
All the best, & keep in touch, Jim (Newt)

longlegs

Post by longlegs » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:11 pm

he he he , sorry jim (newt ) i carnt remember much about it , we thort you was bob !!! :oops: we dint do a very good job of getting back as the maggot wouldnt start after the rally :shock: , we had to get towed of the site buy the quad and hang around for a couple of hours outside the gate till a recovery truck picked us up !! :o , we then go taken to a renault garrage in the middle of knowere , waited for a taxi to come and we were then taken to a loverly hotel down the road :D , we then took of six days worth of stuck on clothes and thermals and danced around our room for a while , it took hours to get clean in the shower !!!!! , we had to leave most of our stinky socks and even my boots there :lol: , any ways after a nice hot meal of whole trout (deep fried ) and chips and a few bottles of wine , we got our heads down for the night , absolutly knackerd . a taxi then came the next afternoon and took us too munich airport 200 k away !! , on a plane to gatwick and then a one way hire car from there to home around 2am on tues morn , all this from the insurance company for the measly price of £101to insure the bike for the both of us !!!!! (included free euro break down cover ) how good is that ! :D :D
heres a link for some picks

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 82a7fe97b1 enjoy :D

bring on 2011

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.

Post by Newtsalad » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:16 am

Brilliant pictures!
For other readers, these are the guys that had all the fun, without a doubt!
Longlegs and Awol showed the Germans how to party!

So is the bike lost then Longlegs? Will you go back for it when repaired?
I take it you'll be there next year!
And have you got any other adventures planned? Be sure to stay in touch!
Cheers!

longlegs

Post by longlegs » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 pm

poor little maggot :( , she will never be lost ,in the short time we got to know the bike we bonded :lol: (we got it ten days before the trip of flea bay as a non runner that had been stood for two years ) i have been on a web site for couriers coming back from places with empty loads so i think we have a nice pole bringing her back for £110 !!! dint think that was two bad :?:
it was one hell of a party for nearly three weeks for us :lol: :lol: , and shelley , awolslidestar , and me self LOVE agood party :D
were on one big adventure in life newt 8-) , there are many things to do ......................., but soon the racing season starts for us and back to the IOM for the TT :D :D , do any of you peeps get across to that , dont worry i'll keep in touch :D ;) ;)

aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Post by aliengravy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm thinking it could be fun to get a group of us to go there this year!! Maybe...... ;)

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.

Post by Newtsalad » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:30 pm

longlegs wrote:poor little maggot :( , she will never be lost ,in the short time we got to know the bike we bonded :lol: (we got it ten days before the trip of flea bay as a non runner that had been stood for two years ) i have been on a web site for couriers coming back from places with empty loads so i think we have a nice pole bringing her back for £110 !!! dint think that was two bad :?:
it was one hell of a party for nearly three weeks for us :lol: :lol: , and shelley , awolslidestar , and me self LOVE agood party :D
were on one big adventure in life newt 8-) , there are many things to do ......................., but soon the racing season starts for us and back to the IOM for the TT :D :D , do any of you peeps get across to that , dont worry i'll keep in touch :D ;) ;)
Excellent! I hope you get her back ok! You'll have to post up the plans for the TT, will you be racing this year? I've never been, but it would be a laugh to get over there on the 90's and meet up! There's a chap on here VWHelmot, who has posted a video of himself overtaking superbikes at 80mph on his modified 90, dressed as a hotdog! Take care mate!

Ps, I've been looking at some of the photo's / exploits of you at the TT, You're a brave man! Or as Awol would say, There's something broken inside.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cheers!