touring Australia' s NSW south coast on a C50

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Motorbikerx
Rides:: Victory Vegas, Honda C90. Kwaka GPz900r.

Re: touring Australia' s NSW south coast on a C50

Post by Motorbikerx » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:31 am

Old South Wales hey, interesting.
And Thanks.
More will be revealed,
The thick plottens.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:56 am

Newtsalad wrote:Jeez mate! People are born, live, and die in a single episode of Neighbours, I reckon you're a scriptwriter for Eastenders, where Max is still having the same old affair 20 years on! :P :P :P :P
:D Epic road trips are often like that I'm certain.

In '85 set off on the spur of the moment after a set of ripples on the pond of life, on my knackered MZ150 in 1985 to "find myself" for a few weeks. I was away for over 3 months stealth camping and riding around England and Wales.

I got pissed with paras in Aldershot, sh***ed a couple of girls (I almost wrote Sheilas) and had two crazy Dutch bikers nick a rear wheel off another MZ because mine got wrecked but apart from that it was pretty uneventful. I came home much more relaxed. The bike came home held together with wire and tape ... but then it wasn't much different than when I set off.

In fact, that's the account of it. The End :lol:

Motorbikerx

Post by Motorbikerx » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:21 pm

Well mate you did have an epic trip alright,
Scored a coupla sheilas töo!
Its 1an here and I'm töo shagged to tell stories, just logged in to update progress on the C90.

Motorbikerx

Post by Motorbikerx » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:01 pm

Down the coast we buzzed....
Stopping at Gerringong, pitched the tent ate the beans and went to sleep.
Awoke the next morning. Ate more beans and filled the bike with fuel, remember Super!
It blew up at Wollongong and made the rest of the trip home on the train.
Post mortem revealed piston parted company from the rod thereby hitting the spark plug closing it's gap and no more c50 sold it for a sum I don't recall.
My current C90 has become a parts bike now for the missus's C90 we bought 2 weeks ago it's a 1980 6 volt.
She got her L's and got it registered today and we went for her first ride on the road!
She did well. But on our return trip we decided to head out the Currumbin Valley, her bike started to sputter when the indicators and headlight were on together.
Then after turning headlight off it stalled when she put her indicator on to turn right leaving her footing it across a busy road.
I blocked and covered her progress with my Gpz900r Kawasaki, we got the C90 restarted and back to her place.battery totally drained,
I put it on overnight charge and took the battery from mine plus a testlight. Electrical tape, test meter with 6V setting and I investigated wiring.
Main red wire from battery was connected to a blue with red trace wire for ignition , and there was a red with white trace wire going nowhere.
Started bike and put tester on red and white wire and it pegged the volts at 16 the pointer at end of scale!
Connected red and white to blue/red then to battery and ran it.
Without any lights and some revs it was showing just 6 volts, put on lights and drop to under 5 V turn indicators on and down to 4 volts no matter how high the revs......
Something not right I think?
May need to move this to the electrical section and start a fresh thread???