abbeyshrule co longford ireland sept 6 2010

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

abbeyshrule co longford ireland sept 6 2010

Post by shayshondacub90 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:59 am

abbeyshrule in longford looked reasonably close(66 miles one way)so i decided id drive there for my 12th run of 2010
leaving my home in dublin at 915am i filled up in the petrol station and head straight for the motorway which would bring me to my destination.1 hour 15 mins later and 50 miles clocked up i was in mullingar in co westmeath and my small country roads were waiting for me!! ;) having done 45 mph all the way i needed filling up so i pulled into a little country filling station and filled it to the brim(3euro 50 cent) going in to pay the elderly owner asked me about my bike(cub 90)and told me he had a old one out the back!!!as he showed it to me and told me how he aquired it i drifted off into dreams of my very own barn find!!!!
but he soon poured cold water on my dreams when he told me it was 1985 cub 90 and he had never ridding it??,but he had plans to do so when he retires!!! :shock: :shock:
when i said my farewells(to the bike)i drove on out the road to abbeyshrule which was another 25 mins enjoyable rideing and got there in just under 2 hours, after paying registration(25 euro) i had some tea and met up with my fellow cub lovers from all over ireland.after much chatting and picture taking we set off at 1230 and about 70 honda 50.70/90 and a few others .about half way through the run we pulled in for our lunch and tea coffee and sambos were there waiting for us,mmm lovely.another 40 mins or so and were off again and i have to say the sun shone all day(its heading home is when i got soaked) 52 miles later and we were back at the start point the lovely rustic inn in abbeyshrule for a barbeque which was very nice ,after having some lovely food i said my farewells and made my way home through some rain which dident spoil the day for me as id had a great day iv put up some videos on youyube if anyone wants to have a gander just look for abbeyshrule honda 50 run 2010
regards from ireland shay :D