Liam Parkin around the world trip.

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Re: Liam Parkin around the world trip.

Post by Leiba » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Yep. By the time you get back you won't be able to afford to tax the poor little thing. :lol:

liamparkin
Rides:: Honda c90 with some random Chinese engine shoved into it.

Post by liamparkin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Hello! I seem to remember a while back (that feels like a complete age!) in writing that whether I will be redeemed or not for stupidly letting my engine run dry if I made it to the equator. Well, I crossed the equator with my Cub two days ago! There was no sign indicating the direct spot... it's a very remote part of the world! But I have made it! I'm in Brazzaville now. I'll be resting up here for a few days before I attempt to ride through the Democratic Republic of the Congo. I think I'm going to be the first person to try and do this on a Cub!

Whether I'm redeemed in some of your minds or not is up to you... but I'm damn happy that I've ridden my little bike into another hemisphere!

:D :D :D

Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Post by Bogger » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 pm

You are redeemed and I salute you. That is until you encounter some other disaster through a complete lack of maintenance :? :roll: . Keep up the good work, well done.

Bogger..ever so slightly jealous

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:06 pm

nice one Liam. Well done. :)

liamparkin

Post by liamparkin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi Everyone... It's the master of good luck here!

As some of you may know from following my site, my ride into Africa (and an unbroken journey around the world) came to an abrupt end when myself, my bike and all my belongings fell off a boat going over the Congo river...

I managed to get some of my valuables out unscathed, I was a little scratched up... but the worst part is that my bike is now at the bottom of the river and I am now back in England :cry:

SO... I'm on the look out for another c90 (preferably an un-cursed one) before I set out again and ride East. So I'm wondering if there is anyone on here who has been following my journey who may have a hoard of c90's stashed away somewhere or a bike that they wouldn't mind parting with that doesn't follow along with the booming prices of these little cubs on ebay? I don't mind what condition it's in as long as it has a good, solid frame and complete papers and registration. Even a half bike would do as I'm thinking of putting a brand new Lifan engine in anyway. I'd very much like to be back on the road soon... this return to 'normal life' is shit.

If anyone wants to get in touch or has any leads or has anything which will get me back on my journey again I would really, really appreciate it. Here's my email; liam.p.parkin@googlemail.com

Thanks.

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:47 pm

glad your ok Liam, your a' gluten for punishment' :lol: :lol: , seriously I admire your determination and hope you can continue your adventure soon. Another cub will turn up, let us know your budget and you might get a few e-mails.
good luck.

liamparkin

Post by liamparkin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:51 pm

:) Thanks mate.

Obviously it all depends on the quality of the bike and all the parts that I'd like to put in as new, but I'm feeling comfortable with spending between £400 and £600 at the moment.

Also, if anyone does get in touch with me, I'll be living in a place without internet - so if I don't get back to you for a while, I'm not being rude. I'll have access every weekend or so.

Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Post by Bogger » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:26 am

Hi Liam you seem like a nice lad, odd, but nice. Personally I wouldn't let you within a country mile of any of my Cubs lest they be cursed in some way.

Bogger :|

liamparkin

Post by liamparkin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:04 am

racethemail
Rides:: '80 C90Z2, '06 CT110

Post by racethemail » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:45 am

Liam, how you doing? Gutted to hear your trip has been cut short, but glad you want to get back on the horse.

Now, onto the business of getting hold of a bike... A self-confessed chancer and self-publicist here, so I have an idea.

You've already amassed a COLOSSAL story here, which makes for great copy. To quickly get a bike (and cheaply), what you need to do is get in touch with the media - they can put out a call to their readership of thousands and you could be back on the road within a matter of days, and as well as getting a bike on the cheap you may also get some moolah for your story.

If you need a press release typed up let me know and I'll get right into it.

Matt aka racethemail