The East Anglia

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Biker Paul
Rides:: Kawasaki W650 Honda 250 Honda C90

The East Anglia

Post by Biker Paul » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:32 pm

I decided for the first time to trailer my cub to this meet as I had done 800 miles in 4 days on the W650 the weekend before and really didn't fancy quite such a long ride this time. This decision enabled me to not only off-set the fuel cost by taking food and cooking myself but also to take a bit better camp equipment as well. When I arrived at the site I was the first there and no one seemed to know anything about the C90 weekend, filled with self doubt I scanned the forum for Newts original post to check that I was at the right place. Sure enough, I was right and it said to see James in the pub, this I did and was shown to where we were going to camp.
Having got "camp Belcher" all set up it was time to eat, drink and await further arrivals, Next on the scene was Newt and Sue trailering their bikes as well. Through the evening The rest made their entrance finishing with George just as it was getting dark. A pleasant evening catching up with all and so to bed.
About 4am an almighty thunderstorm went over for a good hour and being me, I sat out in it watching! Back to bed for a few hours and it was time for breakfast. Once that was all done we set off for the Bimble, All away nicely but as we were leaving the field Drag 90s bike stopped and was a real bugger to get going again. Over the Reedham ferry to re-join the rest of them and away we went. I was tail end Charlie And after a very pleasant ride we finished up at Southwold for a lunch stop. Some brave (silly) individuals went in for a dip. I took an ice cream as a consolation prize and just watched them having fun. Lunch over and again a pleasant ride through the small lanes until we reached an aircraft museum, it was closed but there was still plenty to look at following that it was back to site and my evening meal. All in all a great day, and the weather was first class as well. 10 bikes (7 of which were cubs made the ride) we had the front sprocket bolts come loose on one and Drag 90s bike continued to be difficult to start but never actually failed so no problems.

DRAG90
Rides:: Landspeed 180 and 300cc C90ZZ, BSA, XL500, DUCATI/KTM 660, KTM 500MX

Re: The East Anglia

Post by DRAG90 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:03 pm

That's a slanderous accusation, i do hope you have plenty of witnesses.........................ooh, hang on :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Biker Paul
Rides:: Kawasaki W650 Honda 250 Honda C90

Post by Biker Paul » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:11 am

I thought you were called "drag" because of your dressing habits, but there is another reason now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DRAG90
Rides:: Landspeed 180 and 300cc C90ZZ, BSA, XL500, DUCATI/KTM 660, KTM 500MX

Post by DRAG90 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:40 pm

I only cross dress every other weekend Paul :lol: :lol: