One less bike on the road :-(

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
krazy kev
C90Club Clown!
Rides:: 12V CUB HEINZ

Re: One less bike on the road :-(

Post by krazy kev » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Bowman wrote:The Audi's insurance company called me yesterday to say they can't find anyone locally to even come out and look at the bike :lol: no surprise there! So I've taken some pictures of the bike and now wait for their offer..... :lol: :oops: :lol:
It WILL be lower than the true value. Trust me I know ;)
DONT accept the first offer. Tell them what YOU want.
My last Cub was nicked in 2003 and they offered me £200 minus the £100 excess so I would of had £100. The bike was mint condition and I knew that the bike would of sold for at least £600 if I sold it privately. In the end I had £500. Try and find some adverts for a similar bike of the same age to show them what they are actually selling for which reflects the true value. It worked for me

Bowman
Rides:: Honda RS Super Sonic & Smashed Baotian BT110 (cub derivative)

Post by Bowman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:33 am

Thanks krazy kev.....that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm watching a couple of keeway partners on eBay as I type. Hoping someone has too much to drink over the weekend and the price sky rockets! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bowman

Post by Bowman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:22 pm

I know they say never accept the first offer.......but it was £400 so I snapped the insurance guys hand off! :lol: :lol:

krazy kev
C90Club Clown!
Rides:: 12V CUB HEINZ

Post by krazy kev » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 pm

spikeyboy60 wrote:Hope you take the **** to the cleaners,know what I mean :D :D :D
+1

Bowman

Post by Bowman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:03 am

Bowman wrote:I know they say never accept the first offer.......but it was £400 so I snapped the insurance guys hand off! :lol: :lol:
After receiving the money from the third parties insurance.....they also just left the smashed up baotian in my back garden. They worked out quite quickly there was no point wasting more money collecting it. :lol: as I've still got the V5 the process of getting the bike back on the road has begun. All the broke plastic trims are in the process of being replaced with moto-x trims that a mate has given me.

It's going to look like a strange old machine but I'm not ready to let this shitbike go to the scrap yard in the sky just yet. Once completed I'll post some pics for you to have a laugh at. :oops: :lol:

Leo
Rides:: (1995 economy c90 sold) (2019 c125 sold) 1990 economy C90

Post by Leo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:05 am

Go lad! Very Eco friendly!

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Bowman wrote:
Bowman wrote:I know they say never accept the first offer.......but it was £400 so I snapped the insurance guys hand off! :lol: :lol:
After receiving the money from the third parties insurance.....they also just left the smashed up baotian in my back garden. They worked out quite quickly there was no point wasting more money collecting it. :lol: as I've still got the V5 the process of getting the bike back on the road has begun. All the broke plastic trims are in the process of being replaced with moto-x trims that a mate has given me.

It's going to look like a strange old machine but I'm not ready to let this shitbike go to the scrap yard in the sky just yet. Once completed I'll post some pics for you to have a laugh at. :oops: :lol:
I wonder what might happen if you tried to insure it?

Bowman

Post by Bowman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Newtsalad wrote:
I'd be surprised if there'd be an issue, if it had been written off the insurance company normally asks for the V5. Don't they.. :o

Mouse
Rides:: 1973 C90, 2002 Piaggio Zip 2T, 2004 Sym DD50 (For sale)

Post by Mouse » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:25 pm

+1. Depends on whether the insurers have paid out because the bike's a write off, or as stated earlier they couldn't find a bike repair centre to repair it, so dealt with it on a cash in lieu basis. Either a phonecall to the insurer or hpi check will answer that one

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Bowman wrote:
Newtsalad wrote:
I'd be surprised if there'd be an issue, if it had been written off the insurance company normally asks for the V5. Don't they.. :o
I truly don't know is the answer. I just know the b'stards pool their info and know the in's & out's of a duck's about us and our vehicles, so they can extort the maximum possible from 'The Low Hanging Fruit' while paying out every claim crossing their path without bothering to check or contest it... :x :x :x :x :x

Oh, and add 'WHile operating as a cartel' :D