Where Can I get one of these type crankcase breather caps?

RE-OPENED :)
Glenn
Rides:: Honda C90T 96 on S plate, Street Triple, R6

Where Can I get one of these type crankcase breather caps?

Post by Glenn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:28 pm

takegawa-07-06-0006-breather-pipekit-with-level-gaugemonkeygorill_big09060221-01_af8c.jpg
or similer

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GreaseGorilla
Rides:: many different, CT90's plus C90s

Re: Where Can I get one of these type crankcase breather cap

Post by GreaseGorilla » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:24 pm

there is an email address in the top of the picture! :lol:

Janz
Rides:: The GhettoCub

Post by Janz » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:40 am

I think he probably means where can he get one that won't cost a remortgage! CSM ain't cheap & neither is Tacky Gawa...

GreaseGorilla

Post by GreaseGorilla » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Janz wrote:I think he probably means where can he get one that won't cost a remortgage! CSM ain't cheap & neither is Tacky Gawa...
i would look round the shops or ebay for pit bike stuff, they always have gizmos in bright coloudr to trick you into thinkin you wil get another 0.005 horsepower outta your engine.... :D

Janz

Post by Janz » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:14 pm

What does this funky thang do anyway? I get the idea that it is part of an oil catch tank but where is the tank? Or does it blow the oil out in to the breeze or down your leg? Mount a catch tank to the top of the chain enclosure & drill a hole on the side of the tank near the top. Drill a hole in the chain enclosure at the bottom where the tank meets. Hang a bit of wire, some clear tubing or a cable tie in the tank hole & feed it down through the enclosure. When the tank fills up oil will flow down the wire & you'll have a cool chain oiler. You'll probably need to buy shares in Opec though!

GreaseGorilla

Post by GreaseGorilla » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:49 pm

Janz wrote:What does this funky thang do anyway? I get the idea that it is part of an oil catch tank but where is the tank? Or does it blow the oil out in to the breeze or down your leg? Mount a catch tank to the top of the chain enclosure & drill a hole on the side of the tank near the top. Drill a hole in the chain enclosure at the bottom where the tank meets. Hang a bit of wire, some clear tubing or a cable tie in the tank hole & feed it down through the enclosure. When the tank fills up oil will flow down the wire & you'll have a cool chain oiler. You'll probably need to buy shares in Opec though!
nah the fast boys put the end into a red bull can and cable tie it to the frame..... good for another 3mph top end so im told..... :lol:

Janz

Post by Janz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Oh aye? :D Does it give 'em wings? I use a Placcy bottle chain oiler on my CB100n filled from my used oil dump (a rank Islington council recycling bucket with a lid full of used & very cooked courier & car oil of various grades). I never have the problem of taking my old oil down the tip & I have never bought a chain or sprockets. My CB100n does not rust either even though its been sitting outside in the yard for the last 15 months 'cos I brush painted used oil all over it (they were notorious for frame rot unlike the '70s CB125s & CG125 which preceded them, dunno why). How about a Red Bull winter on bike heating system using the above contraption, several yards of clear 1/8th inch plastic tubing, a small 12 volt pump & a cheap three way +/- non-return valve. Shove the tubing down your trousers & back up round your crotch & down the other leg, route the rest up your back & round your arms. Connect your Red Bull can to the valve, the pump & fill with oil.. Fill & connect your crankcase breather contraption to the can. If it gets chilly just unscrew your dipstick & plug in :lol: